Friday 9 September 2011

Sooooo Long Since I posted

Hi guys,
Haven't posted in a long while. Lots of stuff has happened since I was away!

Firstly I took a break to connect with my in laws. Seriously we don't really see eye to eye. They don't like me, I don't like them. However our relationship has improved... ALOT!
We can now hold civil conversations and it has been alot easier especially when it comes to my daughter and bringing her to visit(as it is too hard for them to bother to visit her, even though I am on a low income and can barely afford to live but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish lol). I'd just like to invoke Heka, hopefully this may end up helping my situation:

"Leave the fight,
Leave the fight like Heru fight.
Be far from Martina and Tim; do not approach him,
Or be judged like Set in Iunu."
-------- The Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook,
     Nisut Tamara L. Siuda (AUS)  

"I restrain all anger,
especially that against Martina and Tim,
in the Name of Khnum."
----------- As above.

Secondly I went to the Rose of Tralee festival. This coincided with the connection trip, so I had a handy place to stay for it! It's a jam packed 2 weeks, the competition itself is only for a weekend but like most of these events, its the build up that makes it worthwhile! Tralee is such a pretty town and it is enhanced as for these 2 weeks, the town is filled with stalls selling everything from sweets and chocolates to Peruvian handicrafts. It really brightens up the town and alot of tourists come for the events.There was even a Chocolate fountain!

In the stalls I went shopping crazy! I purchased 2 Fair Trade halterneck dresses and a Harem pants/dress hybrid! I purchased these from a stall called "Tribal Goa". This stall attends Festivals all around Ireland and is run by 2 really nice girls! They sold clothes, scarves, jewellery, Bindhis, Buddhist cloth art and bags. For fair trade they were pretty reasonable prices. I mean don't get me wrong I love the concept of Fair Trade and when I can I'll buy it but unfortunately I can't afford Fair Trade prices...
Since they are such an excellent stall that are also finding it tough during the recession, I have adapted a Heka to Heru-sa-Aset for good business:
"May Tribal Goa have income and business,
because the Son, the Falcon lives there."
------- The Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook
Nisut Tamara L. Siuda(AUS)
(Link to Tribal Goa FB page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tribal-Goa/150848034987209 )

Naturally, I had to get presents for my parents. I got my dad a Manchester United scarf(he's an avid fan) and my Mam a green with grey/silver pashmina scarf. I also got my sister two pairs of diamanté earrings. 

I mentioned earlier about a Peruvian craft stall, it was run by a really nice Peruvian couple. They sold everything from Traditional instruments(shakers, flutes, hand drums and pipes), to traditional jewellery to clothes. They had traditional music playing in the background. It was a really cool shop. I picked up a pretty and very very very cute woollen hoodie for my daughter. It was a handknitted pink hoodie with llama's, clouds, the sun and a cactus on it. The hood ended in a point like an elf's xD. I can't wait until she is old enough to wear it!

The rose of Tralee also had alot of bands playing. These all showcased Irish talent and it was good talent. We had bands like the deLorentos, Bipolar Empire, Crystal Swing, The Original Rude Boys, Royseven, Keywest and the AMAZING Ryan Sheridan. Seriously check them all out here: Rose of Tralee performers.

I didn't bother watching the actual competition as to be honest, I didn't care who won. I think the competition sucked as not all of Ireland was represented while New York had 2 entrants! That is why I don't watch it anymore as I think the competion has moved too far from the spirit of the thing. Fine, let other countries in BUT only when all of Ireland is represented.



No comments:

Post a Comment