Wednesday 17 August 2011

Getting a PS3 and a bit of Nostalgia

Well I finally got money that I was owed by the government and my first purchase was a used PS3.
Why used? I wasn't going to buy a new one as to be honest I find the new PS3 bundles to be very dear for what you get. For example one bundle was a 320GB PS3 with a controller and a choice of 1 of 4 games(all I have already on xBox 360) for nearly €400! I got a 250 GB used with a game I actually wanted(LA Noire) with a controller for €300.

I bought the PS3 in Gamestop and couldn't wait to play it! The moment I got home I took it out of the box, set it up and started playing! I couldn't get over the differences compared to the xBox. Anyway the next day I picked up some more games for it, mainly the PS3 exclusives like Heavy Rain and Little Big Planet. Seriously Stephen Fry FTW!

I decided to finally go online with my consoles, I went to emobile and picked up a mobile broadband hub: Hub. I got it on a Pay as you go plan as I didn't want any nasty surprises at the end of the month! So anyway I started to set up internet on the PS3 and of course it was update central -____- . So I set it download the  update and it did, it started installing and got stuck on 99%... FOR 2 WHOLE DAYS! I disconnected it and brought it back to Gamestop. I expected to get them to fob me off(have done in the past) but no the guy on the counter was pretty good. He took the PS3 and connected it up to a tv in store and said leave it with us for 20 - 30 minutes and we'll try to get it working. So I went off got lunch, came back and there was no change. So I got another used one :)

This one was much better. The HDD had been formatted already(the one I had, had to be formatted by me... 14 hours and 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back :/ ). I set it up for Internet and it worked perfectly! I love the PS3, I prefer it to the xBox already! Seriously there a LOT more to do online on the PS3 than there is on the xBox(where the only online game is Halo Reach -_____- ).

I got a €20 card for the PS3 online store and decided to get some games. I can't believe it but I got Final Fantasy 8 & 9! Seriously brings me back to my childhood. I started with 9 as I never properly cleared that and seriously sooooo much nostalgia. I can't get over how much graphics in games have changed over the years. Also the slant from RPG's to FPS is frightening. I mean I like FPS but they can be pretty shallow games. Give me an FPS with depth and I can show you loads of RPG's that have even more. Don't get me wrong I have played a fair few FPS and love them but I prefer RPG's. 

So if there's anyone reading this who is on PSN or XBL add me!
PSN: llike_a_boss (2 L's misspelled like a boss how sad am I :/ )
XBL: Tea N Cake



No comments:

Post a Comment